The Cairns Christian Ministers Network is a group of Christian leaders from the local churches and ministries in the Cairns region who are committed to building unity with one another through fellowship and prayer. Our desire is to see more people come to know the love of Christ and to this end we are committed to work together in a variety of ways, including supporting Religious Instruction in schools and overseeing the operation of Cairns Street Chaplains.
Biblical Foundations for Unity
All members of CCMN agree to embrace the Apostles Creed or the Nicene Creed, and the Vision and Values Statement in the Cairns Christian Ministers Network Constitution.
In order to work towards our vision for unity in fellowship and outreach, we:
- meet once a month to build unity through fellowship and prayer, and to discuss any business
- hold regular prayer meetings in various locations around Cairns
Our Relational Values:
The following core values define a Christ-like basis for mutual trust and respect in our work together in the service of Christ and His Kingdom:
- We are committed to a spirit of love and acceptance for each other. We recognise and celebrate our diversity, and in humility accept our need of each other as fellow members of the Body of Christ. (Romans 12:4-5.)
- We are committed to uphold the dignity and integrity of our fellow ministers in words and actions, both publicly and privately. (1 Corinthians 12:24-26)
- We are committed to the support and encouragement of each local church or congregation as being a gift of Christ’s love for Cairns. (Ephesians 4:5-6)
- We are committed to promoting the value of our unity in Christ to both our congregations and the broader community. (Ephesians 4:13)
- We are committed to open and caring responses to each other regarding congregational members and their transfers between churches.
- We are committed to resolving conflict in a Biblical manner (Matthew 18) as an intentional response toward maintaining our relationships in the humility of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Colossians 3:12-15)
- Team Leader: Major Ben Johnson (The Salvation Army)
- Treasurer & Secretary: Kathy Snook (Wycliffe Bible Translators Australia)
- Committee: Ps. Greg Schiller (Trinity Lutheran Church)
- Committee: Ps. Bill Scullard (CLEAR Ministries)
- Committee: Ps. Adem Xhafer (Royals Church)
- Committee: Ps. Jeff Coop (St. John’s Anglican Church)